Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Strength and Encouragement

2 Corinthians 12:9 “For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”

Sometimes God answers our prayers with no. If He says no to one thing it may be He has something better in mind. Paul prayed three times fervently asking God to remove his thorn, a thorn that must have caused him great and continual pain. Finally God answered, “My grace is sufficient for thee: my strength is made perfect in weakness.” In our minds we often think if only this one thing was gone I would be great at what God called me to do. It is true God could grant that wish but He may also see we would use that as a self enhancing tool and forget who did the healing. Man is like that, he gets the answer he wants and then quickly thinks, “Hey look at me I must be something look what I got.” Our ego gets puffed up and we seem to forget God was the one who provided for us.
Notice God’s answer to Paul. He didn’t say ‘My grace is sufficient for this difficulty.” He said, “My grace is sufficient for you, Paul.” Paul prayed for deliverance from one ordeal, but God granted him grace for everything he would encounter in his life. Paul did not stop hurting and having problems in his life. God is reminding Paul, and us, His grace is sufficient. Through it all Paul had many opportunities to exalt the name of Jesus. His pain kept him humble and mindful of God and His strength. God showed Paul that His strength was even more evident in times of weakness than at any other time. Paul as you struggle and wake up each morning hurting remember I am here to help you show others about My Son. Paul when you are weak I am strong.
This should be our battle cry as Christians we stand against unbelievable odds and our worst enemy. When we are weak He is strong. God’s grace is sufficient to sustain us in all we do. Our goal is not to glorify ourselves but to glorify Christ.

Rest assured that God’s grace is still sufficient, and that His power is still being manifested through the difficulties we face in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment