Tuesday, May 17, 2011

How Will You Answer God's Call?

Acts 7:34-36 “I have seen the affliction of my people which is in Egypt, and I have heard their groaning, and am come down to deliver them. I will send thee into Egypt. This Moses whom they refused, saying, Who made thee a ruler and a judge? The same did God send to be a ruler and a deliverer by the hand of the angel which appeared to him in the bush.”
Stephen is reminding the Sanhedrin of the story of Moses, he uses these words of God to Moses, "Now come, I will send you back to Egypt." What a great statement! God had just finished telling Moses how he had seen the oppression of His people, heard their groaning, and was going to come down to set them free and make things right. Yea God they need your help let me know how that turns out. Moses never dreamed what God was fixing to say. "I will send you back to Egypt." “You are going to do what? Why me? You know I can’t talk and what would I even say to Pharaoh? You want me to tell Pharaoh What? Let my people go? And he is going to listen to me?”

Isn't that just like us? We want God to get in there and fix our problem (right the injustice and deliver the innocent). We want God to heal our land and give us peace. But isn't that just like God to say, "Okay -- come on -- right now -- let's do it -- hmmm….who will I send? -- oh yeah -- I'll send you!" That's usually not what we have in mind when we ask for God's intercession. We want God to do it and leave us on the sideline to watch. “God You go ahead and deal with all those gang bangers and drug lords. Talk to those crooked politicians and set them straight. Let me know when you finish and get things fixed. I’m going to set here in this warm pew and watch.”

God raises "deliverers" during times of need. Why? I believe it is because God makes himself known -- less from the miracle than through the testimony and life of the one who accepts God's call. Moses accepted God's call, and the Israelites were led out of captivity as a result. Stephen stood up for what he believed and Paul was placed under convection and most of the New Testament many new churches and many came to know Christ was the result.
In what area of your life are you asking for God to intercede? When (not if) He asks you, "Now come, I will send you," how will you answer? How can God use you?

No comments:

Post a Comment