Friday, March 11, 2011

Look Up Not down

Each day we make choices that affect how we act, live, love and be. Those choices cause us to look up or down.
Look up the Psalmist said “I will lift mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my strength.” Psalms 121:1
One thing I have learned over the years is that the Lord always has our best interest at heart. We sometimes are reluctant to listen to what He has to say. It’s not socially acceptable to be seen in public with the Lord. There again that is a choice we make.
Those who are recovering form an addiction I find are all seeking an answer. None know where to find it. They are too busy looking down to see all that is around them. The same thing is true for those who are lost and do not know the Lord.
Have you ever felt as though you were down on hands and knees with no power to get up? Daily loads seem to get bigger and larger forcing your down even lower. I am reminded of a quote from the AA book, “Let go and let God.” Picture if you will yourself on hands and knees under a very heavy load. Standing right beside you is the Lord. He places His hand on your shoulder and gently says, “Let me take some of that load off you.” Then He says, “Give me your hand and I will help you up.” If you take His hand He will raise you to your feet. After you are standing once again you think you can handle things again and you say, “Thanks I can take it from here.” The Lord looks straight ahead and says, “I don’t think you are ready to walk just yet. Hold my hand and let’s just take one step. See how you feel about that.” “Oh, that works well now can I run.” “Not yet there are still loads that you are not ready and should not be carrying.” “But”, you insist,” I can handle things now.” Gently the Lord says, “Let us take one step at a time; it would be much easier if you would drop all those burdens you are carrying.” “What burdens?” “The grudges, the hatred, the unforgiving spirit, all the things that weigh you down and get in the way.” You may be trying to run while still on crutches.
If you are down look up and take the hand that is ready to lift you and support you. Jesus is the answer and has the solution. If you need to talk to someone about Jesus seek and ye shall find.

No comments:

Post a Comment