Saturday, October 16, 2010

Messages From God

Over the past several years I have worked on how to listen to God. I began to write about my lessons and wanted to share them here in this forum. Over the next weeks and months I will be posting pages and/or chapters from what I have written. I pray this will be of interest and benefit and many will follow.

Introduction
There have been many books written pertaining to the things God had to say. This book is nothing new. The Bible says there is nothing new under heaven. The question may rise in your mind then why was this book written? The best answer I can give is because God said to write it. He wants us to hear what He has to say. Over the past thirty years I have been learning how to talk to and listen to God. There were times I was close to God and there were times I wandered out on my own. One thing I have learned when I open my mind and I am close to God I have no problem hearing what He has to say. As I open my mind His message is clear. When I was a child and mom or dad gave direction and I failed to comply there were stern consequences for disobedience. The same thing applies when it comes to hearing what God has to say and following His directions.
Several years ago as I was studying my Bible, asking God to open my mind and heart a very wonderful thing happened. God did just that, open my mind and showed me things in a new light. I knew from my studies that I had matured to the point God could open His book to me in ways I had never seen before. He touched my heart and opened my eyes. I really stopped and listened to what God had to say and I was ashamed I had not listened closer when I was young.
As my eyes were opened I realized there was so much I had missed.
One thing God has laid on my heart is that there is someone who needs to hear what He has to say. Someone He has not been able to reach by any other means. In this modern age of high tech gadgets and gizmos man feels he is so much smarter than God and does not have to listen to instructions.
Today mankind either has lost contact with God or forgot to put Him in his contact list. In my conversations with God He impressed upon me this book might be a good way to get in touch with you. What follows is a journey into the mind and the heart. A journey that is not only enlightening but could be life changing.

My prayer for you as you open your heart and mind to God is He will speak to you as only He can. That He will open His Holy Truth in ways you may not have ever seen before. There is a passage in the Book of Romans chapter 12 verse 2 and I quote, “and be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable and perfect will of God.”

I begin each chapter with a prayer asking God to speak with you like you and He are having a private conversation. Each and every one of us is special to God and He wants you to know that He really cares for each of us individually.

This journey you are about to embark upon will take you into a wondrous world. Keep your Bible close by and I encourage you to have questions, look up the scriptures that are quoted, you will see that it is God’s word, not mans. Now, if you are ready, set back, grab your Bible and enjoy the ride.

Tune in next week to find out about a Question God Can't Answer

No comments:

Post a Comment