Sunday, August 1, 2010

No one understands like Jesus

Below is a reproduction of a letter from a pastor friend in Carlsbad, NM. I wanted to share this with you. This was sent to the residents of Carlsbad, NM. in 1988. I felt it was worth sending out again in 2010.

NO ONE UNDERSTANDS!
At least it seems that way sometimes. You have hurts, needs, longings, and no one seems to know or cares.
How could they? People may be all around you, but they can't look inside to see what you really are, how you feel, or why you do what you do.
You suffer loneliness, worry, fear,financial strain, family trouble, or some other problem. And you feel no one understands. Sickness drains you or you grieve over personal losses. You're uneasy about God and where you stand with Him.
Throughout history other men and women have felt that way. They have been reaching out for something or someone to understand, to help them face the basic issues of life. And many have discovered that while they were searching, someone was reaching out to them.
No one understands? That's not really true. Someone---God---knows all about you, and He cares. He cares so much that He sent His only son Jesus to become one of us, to live among us, to face life as we have to face it.
"No one understands" is an honest but hopeless cry. The happy truth is "No one understands like Jesus!!!"
For your sake, He faced life and death and overcame, and He's alive to hear and help you now.
Jesus said, "come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." (Matt 11:28)
I want to encourge you. If you are desirous to know Jesus as your Savior, God will accept a simple, sincere prayer like this: "God, I believe you understand and care about me. I believe Jesus is your Son who died for me, and that He rose again to help me live life at its best. Please forgive me for my wrongs and failures, and help me with my problems. With your help, I will live according to your teachings. Thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment