Monday, October 26, 2009

Me Give Up?

Many of us become discouraged when we face even the least difficulty. This causes us to give up, and thus fail at many tasks to which we are assigned. The following are words from an unknown author but whose words ring true about a Christian life.
“Shall I give up because I am tired and discouraged; because I have failed and no one seems to care? Ah, just let me wait and rest awhile and then go on. Shall I submit when I’m tempted and tired? Surrender? Never while I live. I’ll not give up when I’m fallen; lie there and cry and die; be hated and forgotten. I’ll rise, honestly and admit my failure and try again.
I’ll not stop when I get old. Positively no. I may not march at the front of the line, but I’ll march.
Me give up? Only when Jesus says ‘Tis done.’ Me give up? When breath is gone, when heart is stopped, when strength and life is no more. Me give up? Yes. I will some day, when God assigns a greater task.”

This expresses the true Christian’s attitude toward his work and the work of God. Does it fit your concept of life? Let us remember the words of Paul when he said, “And let us not be weary in well doing; for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.” Galatians 6:9
This means there will be a payday some day. Our main task is to remain faithful over the few things to which we have been appointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment