Monday, February 7, 2011

What Would Momma Say?

What would Momma say?

When I was a boy thought momma had nothing to say.
In the summer she would say you boys go outside and play.
When she would go to town you boys stay in and behave.
After we were grown a call “Now you listen to your Mother.”
She would call me then a call to my brother.
“You were on my mind”, the message was clear.
We each heard momma’s voice in our ear.
Time passed we each looked to brighter days.
Momma was there every step of the way.
Momma’s gone now but I still hear her say
“Just needed to hear your voice” is what she would say
“Have you called your brother today”
“Now you listen to your mother.”
Each time I look a decision in the face
I would like to know what momma would say.
No longer a boy but a man with hair of gray
I still ask what would momma say?

No comments:

Post a Comment